Major Objectives for the Meeting:
- Review status of CERES Data Products for climate modeling/analysis community and the new CERES-II science team:
- Instrument Calibration: absolute accuracy and stability, new Edition2 Aqua
- Cloud Algorithm Capabilities and Validation: Terra validated and Aqua beta
- Terra Angular Models: First accurate fluxes by scene type
- Terra/Geo Merged Diurnal Sampling: SRBAVG product status
- Terra consistent Surface, Atmosphere, and TOA Fluxes: CRS product status
- Future Synoptic 3-hourly, daily, and monthly products.
- Plenary presentations will be aimed at the climate modeling and climate analysis communities as well as new
CERES Co-I's to improve understanding of CERES as the next generation of Radiation Budget data: comparisons to
ERBE/ISCCP/SRB, remaining limitations, future directions and schedules for product deliveries.
- Given the new observing capabilities, we will have a two hour session on improved methods to test climate
models, cloud models, cloud feedbacks, aerosol forcings: this session will focus on open discussion of both
challenges and future directions. It will include questions of how the data products could be made more useful
for model comparisons, as well as how the models could be more useful in defining observing requirements and
defining objective model test metrics.
- Co-Investigator reports outlining current/planned activities in the new EOS proposals
- CERES Meeting is joint with GERB Meeting (Wed afternoon to Friday) to facilitate joint activities including
GERB/ intercalibration, GERB spectral correction/angle sampling studies using CERES, and CERES time
samplingCERES studies using GERB.
Return to Meeting Presentations